Here are the five best free WordPress plugins currently available that place your website in maintenance mode while you work behind the scenes.
Minimal Coming Soon and Maintenance Mode
The Minimal Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode plugin allows you to quickly & easily set up a Coming Soon or Launch Page for your website.
It’s simple, flexible and works with any WordPress theme & plugin, plus you’ll have full control over the frontend of the website and can modify almost every aspect of it per your preference.
The WP Maintenance plugin allows you to put your website on the waiting time for you to do maintenance or launch your website. Personalize this page with picture and countdown with:
- Choice texts colors and fonts
- Upload logo picture
- Upload background picture or pattern
- Google Analytics ready
- Social Networks ready
- Insert for shorcode (Newletter or Contact form)
- Enable “503 Service temporarily unavailable”
- Choose access by Roles and Capabilities
- Choose access by IP address
- Choose access by ID Pages
Elementor Maintenance Mode
Elementor is a versatile page builder plugin that enables you to design your site on the front end, and immediately see your changes. What’s more, it includes a easy to use maintenance mode that keeps visitors from viewing your site, while still permitting administrator access.
- Completely free and open-source
- Responsive and fast
- Lets you customize user access while your site is under construction
- Enables you to display extra information on the front end via your maintenance or coming soon page
- Lets search engines know whether to continue to index your site or temporarily ignore it
- Gives you the ability to design your site on the front end with a real-time, drag-and-drop page builder
- Enables you to customize your layout with easy-to-use design modules
- Includes many pre-made templates and widgets
The Under Construction plugin is a great choice if you have frequent downtime to make adjustments to your theme, restore database entries, or just to test minor site changes.
You can easily add your own Analytics tracking ID right into the footer so you can also check traffic stats while the site is down. The page is fully optimized to load as quickly as possible too.
Maintenance plugin allow WordPress site administrator close the website for maintenance, enable “503 Service temporarily unavailable”, set a temporary page with authorization, which can be edited via the plugin settings.
Easy customize, good look on all devices. Add your logo, background image, select the desired color, add text.