Dozens of easy-to-use plugins are available to help you create visually appealing tables for your WordPress site.
Here we have hand picked some of the best free WordPress table plugins available for download.
With over half a million active installs, TablePress is far and away the most popular free table plugin for WordPress.
TablePress allows you to easily create and manage beautiful tables. You can embed the tables into posts, pages, or text widgets with a simple Shortcode.
Table data can be edited in a speadsheet-like interface, so no coding is necessary. Tables can contain any type of data, even formulas that will be evaluated.
- Supports multiple languages
- Source data from CSV, HTML, XLS, XLSX, JSON
- Straightforward data entry
- Simple, intuitive table designs
- Tables are searchable
Ultimate Tables is among the best of the best, especially at creating tables form very large data sets.
The only cons are that customization options are limited and the tables aren’t responsive.
- Handles large data sets
- HTML allowed in table cells
- 3 table designs
- Table pagination options
- Sortable in backend
Table Maker is another popular WordPress plugin for creating tables. It is especially useful for creating and displaying comparison tables.
Once you install and activate the plugin, it will automatically create the first table for you. You can edit the cells by clicking on them.
- Predefined icons
- Rows or cols lines
- Option to mark first column for specification labels
- Option to add labels and featured row and cols
- Works with shortcodes
- Option to add subheaders
- Option to choose color of header
- Option to upload and use images
- Export tables to XML. Import ones from XML/CSV
MCE Table Buttons is one of a number of plugins that brings the TinyMCE table formatting buttons to life.
It’s a very light and elegant solution for creating tables. Instead of typing the table HTML yourself, this plugin lets you quickly choose the dimensions of the table and auto-generates the HTML for you.
But that’s it. No features beyond formatting at all and you’ll likely still need to do some styling yourself.
- Simple to use
- Set header and footer rows
- Basic table styling and functions enough for most WordPress users